What are orthotics?
What are orthotics used for?
At Foot Health Clinic, we recommend and prescribe orthotics for many uses, including:
- reducing the long-term effects of trauma injuries such as sprains and fractures;
- relieving pain caused by overuse injuries such as
- relieving foot fatigue in people with arthritis
- preventing or halting the development of foot deformities such as bunions and hammertoes
- preventing or treating problems in children such as flat feet, intoed gait, growth plate inflammation, Sever’s disease and Osgood-Schlatter disease
- reducing injury occurrence and increasing performance in people active in sports.
When worn correctly, orthotics can benefit not only your feet but also your ankles, lower legs, knees, hips and lower back.
What should I do if I need orthotics?
The podiatrists at Foot Health Clinic have a combined 40 years’ experience in orthotic therapy.
If you feel you or your child could benefit from orthotics, contact us.