Non Custom Foot Orthotics, also known as prefabricated orthotics, over-the-counter orthotics, inner soles or insoles, are generic orthotics generally found in pharmacies, sports and adventure stores.
They are designed to support the arch of your or your child's foot and help spread weight more evenly along the sole, so your foot is in the correct position for walking, running and standing.
How Non Custom Foot Orthotics differ from Custom Made Foot Orthotics
While they can provide additional support, it is important to remember that Non Custom Foot Orthotics:
- are not designed to conform to your individual foot
- are not designed to correct your individual problems with foot alignment
In relation to your child, while they can provide additional support, it is important to remember that non-custom foot orthotics:
- re not made from a 3-D scan (or cast) of your child’s feet and, as such, are not designed to conform to your child’s individual foot shape;
- are not designed to correct your child’s individual problems with foot alignment or posture;
- are of most benefit in children with minor foot posture abnormalities, or that require temporary foot posture support.
How do I know which Non Custom Foot Orthotics to buy?
Our podiatrists in Brisbane Northside recommends and sells SUPERfeet, a range of high quality insoles suitable for you and your child and for a wide range of foot types. Our staff are trained footwear prescribers who can help you to select the right SUPERfeet insoles for your purpose.
Learn more about SUPERfeet at the SUPERfeet website.