Improving the flexibility of the plantar fascia, the main soft tissue crossing your arch, is important for reducing strain and tension in the arch, especially first thing in the morning.
It is best to perform this stretch before getting out of bed in the morning and after any periods of prolonged sitting.
Follow these simple instructions to perform a Plantar Fasciitis Stretch:
- While in a seated position, cross one leg over the other;
- Hold the base of toes of the affected foot;
- Gently pull the toes back towards the shin until you feel a stretch in the arch;
- Hold the stretch for 20 seconds and slowly release;
- Repeat 3 times;
- Complete 3 sets of 3 repetitions every day.