Kim graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Science Podiatry (with Distinction) from Queensland University of Technology in 1995. Since graduating Kim has enjoyed working in many different fields of podiatry including high risk foot care at the PA Hospital, community health centres, sports medicine at the Enoggerra Army Hospital and more recently in private practice at Foot Health Clinic in Samford.
In 2009, Kim was one of 20 experienced health professionals selected by the University of Queensland School of Medicine to participate in the first Australian Physician Assistant Program, graduating in 2011 with a Master’s degree and a Dean’s commendation for High Achievement. As part of the Master’s program, Kim participated in clinical rotations in vascular surgery, orthopaedic surgery, general surgery, internal medicine, and general practice.
Over the course of her career, Kim has developed a special interest in high-risk foot care, diabetes and amputation prevention. In 2011, Kim attended the Global Diabetic Foot Conference in Los Angeles and completed a clinical placement at the world renowned Southern Arizona Limb Salvage Alliance (SALSA) in Tuscon, Arizona.
Teaching Experience & Research
Kim has contributed to the education of many student podiatrists in Queensland through her association with Queensland University of Technology. Kim’s teaching experience includes lecturing in Podiatric Anaesthesiology as well as providing clinical supervision for podiatry students. In 2002, Kim was awarded a Princess Alexandra Hospital Research Foundation Grant for her research project in diabetes.
2015 Advanced Rheumatology (Paediatrics Track) – American College of Rheumatology (due for completion end of 2015)
2014 Specialist Paediatrics seminar, Melbourne with Dr. Cylie Williams
2011 Master of Physician Assistant Studies, University of Queensland
2011 Advanced Wound Management Seminar, Brisbane
2008 Certified in Injection Therapy including Prolotherapy & Neural Therapy
2007 Certified in Advanced Podiatric Acupuncture
2006 Certified in Advanced Musculoskeletal Training
1999 Diabetes Educators Course for Health Professionals
1995 Bachelor of Applied Science – Podiatry (Distinction), QUT
1992 Certified as a Fitness Instructor
- Ice Skating – Kim has competed at state, national and international level in synchro ice-skating, representing Australia at international ice-skating competitions in Canada, USA, France, Italy and New Zealand.
- Hiking or Trekking – Kim has twice completed the Camino de Santiago in Spain, an 800km walking pilgrimage from the french side of the Pyrenees, across the north of Spain to Santiago de Compostela. She also has enjoyed trekking in Nepal and Tasmania with her family, including her twin daughters.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of Australian Podiatry Association (QLD)
- Member of American College of Rheumatology
- Member of American Diabetes Association
- Member of Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- Member of Australian Society of Physician Assistants