If you have been diagnosed by a health professional with a plantar wart on the sole of the foot and you would like to try a simple and painless form of treatment at home, we recommend using Wart Clear liquid. Wart Clear is a relatively low concentration acid liquid that can be helpful early in the treatment of small, superficial warts under the feet.
Follow these instructions when using Wart Clear liquid:
- Soak the wart in warm water for at least 5 minutes.
- Use a disposable nail file to remove dead skin from the surface of the wart.
- Dry the area with a tissue.
- Apply 2-3 drops of Wart Clear directly to the wart at night, before bed, using the plastic applicator. Each drop should dry before the next is added.
- Avoid application of Wart Clear to surrounding healthy skin, as it can cause irritation and blistering.
- Cover the area with a band-aid or sportstape.
- Repeat treatment each night.
Improvement should be seen after 2-4 weeks of treatment, however, complete resolution is likely to take much longer (up to 12 weeks).
If the wart is not responding, or is slow to respond, to treatment with Wart Clear, you should seek help from our experienced Podiatrists for professional treatment and advice.
- Wart Clear is not to be used in children under 2 years
- Keep Wart Clear out of reach of children
- Wart Clear is for external use only
- Take care not to get Wart Clear in the eyes or mouth or on healthy, unaffected skin